The Annual Ephrata Community Memorial Day Ceremony will be held Monday, May 29, 2023, at 9:00 am at the Ephrata High School War Memorial Field*.
- The keynote speaker is Master Sergeant Justin Shaffer. (photo to right)
- Invocation and Benediction by Rev. David Kieffer, Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Outreach, Westminster Presbyterian, Lancaster PA
- Music will be provided by the Ephrata High School Concert Band, under the direction of Mr. Steve Goss.
- Vocalists will be SSG Sean Sullivan, 28th Infantry Division Bank, and SSG Tanna Sullivan, 166th Regiment
- The colors will be placed by BSA Troop 38, chartered to Bethany United Church of Christ, Ephrata.
- Honor Guard provided by the US Army National Guard 28th Infantry Division, Ft. Indiantown Gap
- The Ephrata Police Department will place the Honor Wreath.
Attendees may bring their own lawn chairs; limited seating is available on special bleacher seats.
Afterward, the community is invited to enjoy fellowship and breakfast at VFW Post 3376.
The Cocalico Valley Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3376 will take the lead in hosting this year’s ceremony.
The ceremony is a joint effort of VFW Post 3376, American Legion Post 429, AmVets Post 136, and the Ephrata-Reading Elks Lodge 115
Handicapped parking is available at the Ephrata VFW; additional parking is available at the overflow lot on South Franklin Street.
*In case of inclement weather, we will move to the high school auditorium.